Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)
Model Number: RLB-41 / Part Number 2830 & 2831
Drastically increase your probability of survival at sea with the multiple built-in redundancies of the GlobalFIX™ V4 marine distress EPIRB. Upon activation, the GlobalFIX™ V4's robust internal GPS accurately fixes your exact location. Your coordinates are then broadcast via a powerful 406 MHz distress signal to Search and Rescue forces worldwide. In the absence of GPS data, orbiting Cospas-Sarsat satellites can accurately triangulate your position using the 406 MHz signal alone. A 121.5 MHz homing signal further guides searchers to your exact position.
The GlobalFIX™ V4 is a full-featured EPIRB loaded with high-efficiency electronics for performance you can count on, including an internal 66 channel GPS for faster acquisition from a cold start. A protective keypad cover helps prevent false activation, and the all-new, user-replaceable battery pack has a 10-year replacement interval — reducing the overall ownership cost and making replacement a breeze.
The GlobalFIX™ V4 has two functional self-tests to monitor the beacon's transmission, power and battery performance and GPS acquisition.
GlobalFIX™ V4 offers the very latest in marine electronic lifesaving technology:
- Highly visible LED strobe - Energy efficient
- Internal 66 channel GPS – Faster acquisition from a cold start
- High efficiency electronics – Performance you can count on
- User replaceable battery – 10 year battery life
- Professional grade design - Engineered, tested and built for years of use in harsh environments
- Simple manual activation – Keypad with protective cover to prevent false alarms